Now Hiring for a Development and Engagement Manager, Hong Kong!
Posted 08 November 2019 in EMpower News | Share
EMpower is now hiring for a Development and Engagement Manager, Hong Kong!
EMpower is seeking an experienced, high-energy professional to expand development efforts in Hong Kong, engaging additional individuals and corporations to raise annual revenue to meet approved budget targets. The position is based in Hong Kong, reports to the Vice President of Global Development, who is based in London. S/he will work closely with Hong Kong colleagues, Directors based in HK and Singapore, and EMpower’s global Development Team.
EMpower, a global philanthropic organization, is dedicated to improving the lives and horizons of marginalized young people ages 10-24 in 15 emerging market countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Russia and Turkey. Through grants and other supports, EMpower partners with over 100 local organizations working to strengthen the education and livelihoods of young people, and to build their resilience, self-confidence and well-being. EMpower has offices in Hong Kong, India (Delhi), Singapore, London and New York, as well as programme staff in Istanbul. To learn more about EMpower, please check out https://empowerweb.org.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Global Development, and the East/South Asia Development and Engagement Manager, who is based in Hong Kong, to develop an effective Hong Kong fundraising strategy that can deliver on EMpower’s growth potential.
- Energize fundraising with goal of meeting targets and increasing revenue annually.
- Expand resources for donor engagement that includes grantee partner visits and volunteer opportunities as well as institutionalizing systems and processes.
- Create and institutionalize a donor cultivation and engagement plan in coordination with the VP of Global Development.
- Provide ideas and ensure execution of board and donor communications, fundraising materials, online appeals and others as needed in collaboration with the Communications team.
- Develop enhanced prospect and donor database capabilities with the development and communications team members globally.
- Ensure ongoing consistent reporting on Development.
- Broaden and diversify EMpower Hong Kong’s donor base, by identifying new prospects and opening up new sources of funding including younger professionals in finance sector, and Hong Kong nationals.
- Develop new appeals to individual and institutional donors.
- Steward a portfolio of donors and prospects and support President and the Hong Kong Board with their portfolios.
- Lead development for annual gala dinner and annual drinks friend-raiser in Hong Kong.
- Organize salon dinner events, brown bag lunches and other forums in Hong Kong to raise awareness about EMpower with new audiences and potential donors, and to deepen engagement with existing donors.
- 5+ years of fundraising experience, or sales in finance sector, preferably in an international context, demonstrating progressive increases in revenue generated.
- Strong interpersonal, client-facing and presentation skills with culturally diverse audiences and including high-powered leaders in Finance.
- “Doer” who will work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of fundraising activities ranging from the internal day-to-day, to the highly creative, external and visible.
- Energetic, alert, creative, hardworking, able to take immediate action when needed, recognizes and exploits success, and triage failure when necessary. Emotionally mature with a sense of humor and grace under pressure.
- Events management experience – organizing interesting, creative, donor-engaging dinners and events that run smoothly.
- Adept at writing personalized, engaging, prompt solicitation and follow up correspondence (emails and letters), and other materials to communicate with prospects and donors.
- Demonstrated capacity for effective teamwork, working in a small office, and with a global team and manager in different time zones.
- Commitment to EMpower’s mission, passionate about philanthropy and knowledgeable about and interested in market economics.
- Experience working with volunteers and board members; experience working in private sector and/or MBA degree is desirable.
- Ability to undertake periodic travel to Asian countries.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office and fundraising software and/or databases.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and your CV to HR@empowerweb.org, putting Development and Engagement Manager, Hong Kong in the subject line. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
EMpower is a philanthropic platform that makes grants globally to benefit at-risk youth, including adolescent girls. We are committed to attracting, developing, motivating and retaining exceptional talent and to a work environment that recognizes contribution, fosters respect and teamwork, and facilitates strong performance. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, recognizing that diversity enriches all staff and our work globally. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or faith, or physical ability.
View All News