EMpower is Hiring! Operations Associate, India
Posted 13 May 2021 in EMpower News | Share
EMpower, a global philanthropic organization, is dedicated to improving the lives and horizons of marginalized young people ages 10-24 in 15 emerging market countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Russia and Turkey. Through grants and other supports, EMpower partners with over 100 local organizations working to strengthen the education and livelihoods of young people, and to build their resilience, self-confidence and well-being. To learn more, check out our website at www.empowerweb.org. EMpower has offices in Hong Kong, India (Delhi), Singapore, London and New York, as well as program staff in Istanbul, Freetown, Mexico City and Cape Town .
EMpower is seeking a competent Associate to provide operational management of the EMpower India office. The Operations Associate will report to the Country Director in India. They are responsible for the ongoing operations of the EMpower office in Delhi with the support of Global Operations Manager in New York.
- Work closely with Global Operations Manager on India-specific HR needs and requirements, including the orientation of new team members and managing the restricted leaves calendar
- Manage monthly expenses and reporting to the Global Operations Team
- Serve as a central domestic contact with the India based accounting firm and NY Finance
- Prepare monthly accounting packages and monthly batch payments in consultation with the global finance team and local accounting firm
- Liaise with the India Team to ensure invoices are included in the appropriate payment batches
- Manage and maintain all paperwork relating to banking and finance
- Generating and managing 12A/80G receipts
- Reporting on incoming donations and maintaining records such as donation forms, PAN card, etc.
- Collating due diligence materials for grant applications
- Revenue Accounting
- Entry and maintenance of Salesforce records connected to prospects/colleagues/donors
- Manage the governance calendar for two legal entities and ensure all records are effectively maintained
Office Management and Operations
- Lead and manage all day-to-day operations, including the maintenance of the India Operations manual
- In conjunction with the Senior Management and the Global Finance and Operations Teams, draft and maintain all office operations and ensure effective implementation across the team
- Manage all office operations including office leases, vendor contracts, any expenses, office space, and supplies
- Organise team meetings and be the rapporteur for all team meetings
Support to Country Director
- Provide support to the India Country Director, including organizing and documenting meetings and correspondence
- Organise travel arrangements, responding to inquiries, and implementing office procedures and systems
- Undertake background research and producing briefing papers for specific projects and presentations
- Work closely with the Communications Team and the Country Director to edit and create collaterals for presentations and formal meetings
- Support Country Director with operations and governance goals for Board meetings, including support for follow-up from meetings
- Producing events including but not limited to venue scouting, meal requirements, arranging transport, sending follow-up emails to participants, etc.
- Logistics support with virtual events such as webinars, roundtables, launches etc. Included but not limited to setting up meetings, email invites, follow-ups, etc.
- Leading on all aspects of budgeting including preparing budgets for both estimates and actuals, managing vendors, invoices, printing, petty cash, allowances/reimbursements, etc., and all related documentation.
- Track and update accounting logs, vendor invoices, and payments in relation to ongoing and upcoming projects
- 2-3 years of experience working in an office environment.
- B.A or B.S. degree in a field related to Finance or Development, or has provided exposure to international development issues
- Strong English and Hindi spoken and writing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with database software or Salesforce
- Experience in and/or exposure to events management
- Good quantitative ability and confidence around numbers
- Exposure to or demonstrated interest in international development, particularly issues relating to marginalized girls and young people
Personal and Professional Characteristics
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Flexible; able to juggle multiple tasks and re-prioritize as needed
- Highly organized and detail-orientated
- Team player who works well within a small team in Delhi, and values and models working collaboratively; a motivated worker with a high energy level
- Able and interested to work as part of a larger organization working across time zones and geographies; periodic evening phone calls required
- Good listener and a hard worker; comfortable receiving input from different sources
- Comfortable relating to diverse personalities and constituencies from varying backgrounds - from donors to Boards to staff to grantee partners and youth. Able to communicate well with all of the above plus vendors such as designers, event production groups, and other vendors
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, organizing, and following through
- Takes initiative in problem-solving and is creative in proposing new solutions
- Uncompromising attention to detail and pride in work produced
- Emotionally mature with a sense of grace and humour under pressure
- “Doer” who will work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of activities ranging from the internal day-to-day to the highly external and visible
EMpower is a global funder that makes grants globally to benefit marginalized young people, especially adolescent girls and young women. We strive to attract, develop, motivate and retain exceptional talent. We are committed to a teamwork environment that recognizes contribution, fosters respect, facilitates strong performance, and prizes inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, recognizing that diversity enriches all staff and our work globally. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or faith, or physical ability.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and put “India Operations Associate” in the subject line. We will only be able to acknowledge and respond to candidates identified as most suitable. The deadline for applications is May 28, 2021.
View All News